Unification Level design
Revision as of 07:52, 26 February 2008 by SteveBaker
In order to add a level to Unification, you need to do at least three things:
- Add an entry into the 'ultimate' file data/ultimate.xml to name the level. Add something like this to the list of levels after the closing </main> tag:
<level name="My level" src="data/mylevel.xml" />
- The 'name' field is what will be displayed in the level select menu (which will 'go away' eventually) it should be fairly short - just a few words. The 'src' field names the XML file that describes the level.
- Add a new XML file into the data directory that lists the parts that make up the level. In the example above, that would be data/mylevel.xml. The format of these files is described in "GameTools level files". Here is an example:
<?xml version="1.0" ?> <game> <main> <flag name="TuxStart" colour="9" translation="0.0 0.0 0" euler_rotation="180 0 " /> <flag name="Gravity0" colour="1" translation="0.0 0.0 -12.5" euler_rotation="0 0 " /> <model euler_rotation="0 0 0" translation="0 0 0" src="models/moon.ac" /> </main> </game>
- At a minimum, you need to set up some position flags for Tux's start-point and to say where at least one gravity source is - and provide at least one model file to represent the level. If the level is a 'flat' level, set the gravity flag translation to "0 0 -1000000" which places the gravity source so far below the ground that it appears to produce pure 'vertical' gravitation.
- Add your new models into the 'models' directory (models/moon.ac in the example above).
- If those models add new materials, you should list them in the 'material' file data/materials.xml.
For now, that's all you need to do.
|Wikiid Pages relating to Unification (edit)|
|Unification - Main page|
|Unification - Controls|
|Unification - Levels :|
|Unification - Java Plugins :|
|Unification - Source Code Documentation :|
|Wikiid Pages relating to gameTools (edit)|
|gameTools - Main page|
|gameTools - Support Tools :|
|gameTools - File Formats :|
| gameTools - Source Code :